January diets might be kicking in, but that doesn’t mean a huge serving of chocolate mousse every now & again (let’s say, once or twice a week) isn’t truly needed! Luckily, the Little Kitchen gang have the perfect recipe that hits those sweet tooth cravings right on the head. Get your salted caramel & chocolate mousse on by following this simply indulgent recipe…
- 30g dark chocolate
- 1 egg
- 20g butter
- 20g cream
- 20g brown sugar
- Pinch sea salt flakes
The Good Bit
- Melt the butter and brown sugar together in a pan, stirring regularly, add the cream and bring to the boil allowing to simmer for 1 minute.
- Add the salt flakes, mix and pour into the bottom of a serving glass (or 2 if you want mini desserts!) place in fridge to cool.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a glass bowl, over a pan of boiling water.
- Separate the egg and whisk the egg white until it forms soft peaks.
- Mix the egg yolk in with the dark chocolate, and then gently fold the dark chocolate into the whisked egg white to form the mousse.
- Pour the mousse mixture on top of the caramel and leave to set in the fridge.
And that’s it! Top with a few berries to serve to add a sharp twang to the smooth, sweet chocolate taste.
Cooking up a storm? Drop us a tweet with #wrigglerecipe to show us your culinary skills & your recipe could be featured next on our blog!
Little Kitchen was founded six months ago by Claire and Madeline. Whether you’re a beginner or consider yourself a figurehead of home-cooking, Little Kitchen is a great place to learn some fantastic skills. Whether you fancy crafting your own pizzas, developing some street food cuisine or creating an icing masterpiece at one of their icing art classes, there’s that little something for everyone. They also offer classes for Children, which is a great way to spark an interest in great food and cooking from scratch. Keep an eye on Wriggle in Bristol for upcoming opportunities!